The aim of group therapy is to facilitate healing and growth through the experience of connection and belonging in a community. Group therapy has many benefits including:
- allowing for a realisation and experience that you aren’t alone;
- experiencing a safe, confidential space in which you can explore the emotional challenges you are facing;
- providing a non-judgmental space for reflection in the here and now on how you experience others, and how others may experience you;
- helping you to find your voice and/or find different ways of being in relationship with others; and
I offer three groups:
- This Is Us – a general group open to everyone
- Home From Home – for people of African and Caribbean heritage living in the diaspora
- Holding Space – for people who look after vulnerable others
These are closed groups, limited to 6 clients in each. Once a group fills up, a waiting list is in place so that a new group can start once 6 more people have expressed interest. Each group meets weekly for 90 minutes via Zoom videoconferencing. The cost is £30 per session.
If you are interested in joining a group, call me on +44 7849 811 358 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your free 30- minute consultation. We will discuss your current concerns, needs, future goals and the structure of group therapy.